Title : Vitamix Turboblend 4500 Countertop Blender with 2+ HP Motor
ASIN : B0018QOG6O
Category: Countertop Blenders
Rating : 4.7
Description : It’s not a blender – it’s a Vitamix. The Vitamix TurboBlend 4500 is designed to render the full bioavailability of whole foods such as apples, strawberries, greens and more. This includes the leaves, peel, stem – where you find all the valuable fiber. The TurboBlend 4500 breaks down whole foods, releasing phytonutrients that help build the immune system, fight disease and improve overall health. The super-efficient 2-peak horsepower motor runs substantially cooler when mixing thicker ingredients like nut butters and frozen treats. It also processes fresh, whole foods in seconds to deliver superior taste and texture. The container is oversized, 64-ounce capacity made from Eastman Triton copolyester material that is virtually unbreakable, more chemical resistant and contains no BPA. Unit features a locking lid design for easy removal. A Healthy Lifestyle recipe book containing over 150 step-by-step recipes in full color in included. Vitamix 4500 is covered by a full 5-year warran…
Customer’s Review : Comparison with Blendtec
Vitamix makes excellent products. I have owned this one for about 7 or 8 years and just purchased a Blendtec a few months ago, as well.
Both are great blenders. Comparison of differences:
1) Motor – Blendtec has a more powerful motor. Noticeably more powerful – 3 HP vs 2 HP.
2) Construction – Blendtec is not as substantial in construction. Vitamix feels more heavy-duty, and is heavier. Vitamix will not rock and shake as much. Both are made in the USA with BPA-free containers.
3) Noise level – I don’t notice that much difference. Maybe Blendtec is a bit louder, but it doesn’t bother me.
4) Controls – There are more controls on the Blendtec – slower/faster, pulse, and preprogrammed selections. For example: Smoothies is one of the preprogrammed selections. So this means the Blendtec will alter its speed on its own in order to make sure items get blended that might otherwise stay bouncing around on top. It is optimized…
- 2-speed blender with thermally protected 2+ peak horsepower motor
- Stainless-steel enclosed blade assembly with sealed ball bearings
- Clear 64-ounce non-toxic polycarbonate container; locking lid and plunger
- Easy-to-clean front panel; full-color recipe book included
- Measures 7-1/4 by 8-3/4 by 20 inches; 5-year limited warranty
Another Review From Customer :
Great company, but spring for the 5200
I ordered this product and was anxiously counting down the days until I received it in the mail. It was processed and shipped quickly, as always. I love Amazon! I did, however, return this. I discovered, after this shipped, that it is an older model no longer sold by Vita-Mix. I went on the Vita-Mix website to check things out. For just $40 more, I got the new fangled (refurbished) version with the variable speed (LOVE IT!!!) and the new lid design (heard that the old lids are hard to get off) PLUS a 7-year warranty and free shipping. The 4600 sold through Amazon only has a 5 year warranty and it’s the older design. Why not pay an extra $40 and get the awesome higher powered 5200? I’m so happy I did. I’m sure I would have liked the 4600, but I would have kicked myself for taking the older model I think. LOVE the 5200. I use it every day, usually more than once. It is worth every penny. Buy one now and get healthy!!!